[3 x 6] Bee Blocks

Finished these blocks and they are in the mail today, by the deadline, I might add.  I wasn't sure I'd be able to make the deadline, but they turned out to be super easy once I reverse engineered the block, figured out cutting measurements, and how to sew each block.


The block is based off this one that I saw a while back.  I was going to follow her tutorial, but couldn't figure out how to resize the block without completely starting from scratch.  

I basically drew out the block on a 12 x 12 grid, figured out how to cut the pieces and sewed them together in a logical sequence, which ended up being strips.  

I did one block as a "test" block and it came out good.  So, I cut the rest of the fabric and sewed the blocks together assembly-line style.  I'm liking the concept of finishing all the blocks at the same time.  It's a great sense of accomplishment and finality.  It also seems the quickest way to complete a set of blocks like this.  I'm thinking at the rest of the patterns I choose for bees like this will be blocks I can complete at the same time. 

Similar Posts