For the Wonky Quilt Bee (got it right this time!), the bee member had us construct a little Christmas in July. She's making a Christmas quilt and wanted to add a few Christmas-y words to it.
I'd never constructed with letters before. As I got started, I realized it was a lot like my mosaic quilt, only my colors had a specific pattern and my white space was a bit larger. It was a lot of cutting, sewing, ironing, cutting, sewing ironing. But, it all went relatively fast. Quicker than I'd expected. For some reason, my "y" on story is much larger than the other letters, probably because of the tail. It can be trimmed down a bit, but I'll leave that to the quilt constructor to do.