Blocks for the back of the Dr. Seuss Quilt

One of the bees that I'm in is the Wonky Quilting Bee.  The person who has April asked for wonky pentagon log-cabin type blocks.  I decided to experiment the process using some of my Dr. Seuss fabric.  Originally, I was going to do the entire quilt back in these blocks, making the quilt somewhat reversible.  Then I realized how labor intensive it is to make these and am just going with a strip of them across the back.


Pictured are four of the six blocks.  For some reason the focus was out on the other two.  I fussy cut all the centers into a pentagon shape, except one.  I didn't even realize that it wasn't a pentagon until I'd finished the block.  This is really busy fabric, so the spiral effect is difficult to see.  Plus, they're also smaller blocks, so there's not as much spiral.  

They will work perfectly for the back of a quilt to break up a seam, though.  I'm now thinking that I should somehow piece them together somewhat randomly and not in a line.  I'm leaning more and more toward that direction.  We'll see.

Similar Posts